I LOVE Fall and I love that my husband and I just carved pumpkins with our oldest two daughters for the first time especially since that means I get to roast the seeds- yum!
It is easy to do and they are delicious. My 5 year old helped and had a blast making our afternoon snack.
- Take the seeds from a pumpkin and rinse them with water to remove most of the orange slime. Leave them on a cookie sheet over night to allow them to dry out.
- Melt 2 TBS of butter in a bowl and add a pinch salt. Then toss in the seeds from 1-2 pumpkins and stir to coat them.
- Lay them out on a cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- They are finished when they are golden brown and crispy.
- After baking you can also add a pinch of sugar or cinnamon sugar to make these a sweet treat. Or try them with garlic salt for another flavor.
Enjoy them while they last because, in my house, they disappear fast!