Several months ago we posted a recipe for DIY mini corn dogs and you all loved it! Here is another version which is simpler and requires no deep frying. I came up with this version tonight since my husband is off working and I was having a hard time finding motivation to make anything time consuming for just the kids and I. In all, this took me less than five minutes to prepare and the girls (and I) gobbled it up!
- Take a Marie Callender’s Corn Bread Mix and prepare it according to the directions- just adding 1.5 cups of water and mixing it well. This is, hands down, my favorite corn bread mix and it beats out any “made from scratch” recipe I have ever had. If you have never tried it, you are seriously missing out. I always have some on hand so this worked out great for tonight’s impromptu creation.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray and then fill it with the batter. I used my Pampered Chef cookie dough scoop and it worked perfectly.
- Cut a standard length hot dog into sixths (I use all beef but any kind will do) and place 1 piece into each muffin. You will need four hot dogs total.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the outsides get slightly crispy.
- We dipped these in ketchup and they were delicious! Serve with a side of fruit and or vegetables to make it a complete meal.
This recipe makes 24 mini corn dogs. If you try this out, let me know how you like it. There are a lot of variations for mini corn dogs out there but this seems to be one of the simplest and yummiest ways to make them! This would also be a great snack to make for a children’s party!