Don’t buy it, Make it: Peanut Butter Cups
Do you love to eat peanut butter cups? Did you know you can easily make them? I always keep the ingredients on hand in case I get that peanut butter cup craving.
You will need:
- 1-80z. package of Bakers chocolate (Semi-sweet, white or milk chocolate depending on your preference)
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil (you may also use shorting)
- 2/3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (smooth or chunky, depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 24 cup mini muffin tin lined with paper cups
Step 1: Melt butter
Step 2: Add in peanut butter
Step 3: Add in powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs
Step 4: Mix until you get a doughy mixture that holds together but is not sticky, you may add more powdered sugar if needed.
Step 5: Melt chocolate according to package directions and mix in the 1 tbsp. of oil and dispense a small amount to cover bottoms of liners.
Step 6: Roll peanut butter mixture into balls, flatten and place in each liner.
Step 7: Cover top of peanut butter cups with remaining chocolate and place in freezer for 20 min.
Step 8: Once frozen place in storage container and place in refrigerator (these will melt if left out). Enjoy.
*I used semi-sweet chocolate but to achieve a more “Reeses” type peanut butter cup use milk chocolate.
Bookmark the permalink
Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.